I first heard of Trunk Club through a fashion blogger (mrscocowyse) that I also follow on Instagram. Trunk Club is a subscription box, where a stylist helps to pick out a few pieces of clothing, shoes, and accessories for you to try on in the convenience of your own home. Trunk Club is affiliated with the Nordstrom department, so all the pieces sent to you will be directly from Nordstrom. This was one my biggest reasons why I wanted to try Trunk Club because we don’t have a Nordstrom department store nearby. Also, if you link your Nordstrom card (debit or credit), the $25 styling fee is waived, which was another reason why I decided to try Trunk Club.
After you setup your account, your stylist will message you about putting together a trunk. They will ask questions about preferences and styles you’re in search for, and put together a trunk for you to look over before the trunk is actually sent out to you. You must approve of the trunk within a certain time frame in order for the trunk to get shipped out to you. Once you receive your trunk, you will have up to five days to make a decision on the pieces sent to you. Within those five days, you will need to send back the pieces you decide to not keep.
So moving forward with my experience..
I received my trunk on Friday around noon, which gave me some time to try everything on before I headed out to work that afternoon. I specifically requested for some jeans and dresses.
Unfortunately, I was unable to take pictures of everything I received, but I will share as much information as possible. My trunk included 3 blouses, 3 dresses, 3 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of shoes, 1 pair of earrings, and 1 handbag. A few pieces were automatic returns because they didn’t fit me well or they were not very flattering on my figure. Here is a list of the items I received:
- Madewell Veranda Bell Sleeve – This top was absolutely perfect. The style, the fit, the color. I was a bit hesitant on keeping it because of the price, but I’m currently trying to revamp my closet with some more quality pieces, so I bit the bullet and kept this top and so far, no regrets!
- NYDJ Alina Stretch Skinny Jeans – These jeans didn’t fit me well. They stretch was great, but the waist was a tad too tight, so these were definitely on my return list.
- Adrianna Papell Scalloped Crepe Sheath Dress – If I wore business attire for work, I would’ve kept this dress. It was beautiful and the perfect fit. The scallop detail, the fit, the material, and the length was all just beautiful. I wanted to keep this dress, but I don’t think I would’ve found myself wearing it much, so it ended up going back.
- Panacea Crystal Teardrop Earrings – These earrings were really beautiful, but just not my style. They were very formal looking and I didn’t find them to be very fitting in my wardrobe. I’m more a stud kinda gal, so these would’ve gotten pushed to the back of my jewelry box.
- Sanctuary Floral Blouse – I thought I was going to love this blouse, when I first saw it. It was definitely my style and the floral was muted enough and not too flashy. But I put it on and it was huge on me. I got a size small, which is what I typically wear, but this top was way too big. The sleeves were extremely long on me, so the bell cuff on it was just too busy and I would’ve been annoyed with always having to pull it out of the way. This ended up being an automatic return.
- Wonders F-6127 Mule – At first look, I didn’t think I would like these mules at all. They looked a little more on the mature side for my style and I wasn’t crazy about the gray color. After trying them on, I was shocked at how comfy they were and how flattering they felt on my feet! Unfortunately, I decided to return them because of the price. I love shoes, but these were just too overpriced for the style. If they were closer to the $100 price, I definitely would have kept them, but they were running closer to $200, so they went back.
- Eliza J Bell Sleeve Sheath Dress – This dress was so cute and would’ve been perfect for an upcoming wedding I’ll be attending. I really, really wanted to keep it, but it was just a tad too snug for comfort. I’m in the process of trying to lose a few pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I’m not sure if that would’ve been enough to make this dress fit comfortably. I tried it on twice before deciding that it was just too small to keep. I tried to opt to exchange it for the next size up, but they were sold out of the next size, so the dress got returned.
- Eliza J Sleeveless High/Low Dress – I thought I was going to love this dress. It was light and flowy and the pattern and colors were perfect for spring and summer. However, the sleeveless style on this dress were very unflattering for my already broad shoulders. And the dress was also a tad snug. The way the bust area fit on me were also not very flattering.
- Trouve Wrap Top – I always wanted to try wrap tops. They seem so easy and flattering, but this one definitely was not flattering on me at all. The fit was too large on me and the sleeves were way too long.
- J Brand Alana High Waist Ankle Jeans – These jeans… would have been the perfect black skinny jeans if it weren’t for the distress on the knees. I couldn’t justify dropping $200 on a pair of jeans that much distress. Granted, it wasn’t anything too crazy, but for the price, I would prefer something less distressed. The fit and everything was otherwise perfect and I really wanted to keep them.
- Frame Le Skinny de Jeanne Raw Hem Crop Skinny Jeans – This was the first time I had heard of the Frame brand. And these were the first pair of jeans I tried on out of the three that were sent. They felt absolutely amazing. The stretch and fit on them were stunning. And I really wanted to keep these too. However, I’m currently finding out that my body shape does much better in high-waisted jeans, which is literally the last thing I thought would work for me. And these particular ones were a mid-rise. I have a few mid-rise jeans, and they’re great and all, but I find myself constantly pulling them up. I have high hips, so the mid-rise jeans hit my hips at a very odd place, causing them to not hold up very well on my frame.
- Tory Burch Robinson Leather Wallet/Crossbody Bag – This bag was cute, but it didn’t wow me in any way. For being a Tory Burch bag, the quality didn’t really impress me whatsoever. The leather seemed mediocre and the style just wasn’t enough to make me want to keep it. I have a few other crossbody bags that I would much rather reach for before considering purchasing something like this.
So, all in all, I ended up keeping one piece out of the ten pieces that were sent to me. I had a great experience with Trunk Club, and I definitely recommend giving it a try, especially if you already are a Nordstrom Card holder. I definitely want to try another trunk in the future and see how that works out for me.
Until next time,